The owners, Lauren and Marc Carter, have provided assisted living since 1968, rearing their three children at their original site in Flint. They have owned, managed, and lived at Applewood Assisted Living since 1998.
We and our staff are committed to serving the needs of our residents. To that end we hire experienced, friendly and compassionate people to join us in this venture.
About Applewood Assisted Living
A lovely home with a picturesque setting on 4 acres between Midland and Mt. Pleasant, convenient to medical facilities, churches, shopping, entertainment and public transportation.
- Warm, comfortable and nurturing environment.
- Private or shared bedrooms are all on one level with cable and
phones available. Rooms are furnished and very competitively priced.
- Barrier free.
- Large dining room overlooking deck.
- Birds and wildlife abound here.
- Spacious living room.
- Private chapel.
- Interconnected smoke detection and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Both ladies and gentlemen accepted.
- Home is licensed by the State of Michigan, and is insured.
- Medical services include:
- In-house doctors.
- Home health services including nurses.
- Physical and/or Occupational Therapy.
- In-house diagnostic testing, as ordered by physicians.
- Hospice services.
Members of Michigan Assisted Living Association (MALA), Michigan Adult Foster Care Association (MAFCA), and the Chamber of Commerce, we are also active in our church.
- Respite care available.
- 24 hour supervision by trained, caring staff.
- Three nutritious meals plus snacks, with consideration for special diets.
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming as needed.
- Medications supervised.
- Laundry service.
- Linens and towels provided.
- Beautician available.
- Celebration of all birthdays and holidays.
- Activities include, but are not limited to musicians at least monthly, bingo 3 times weekly, card games, jigsaw puzzles, croquet in warm weather, picnics, walks outside, Wii bowling and dancing, group and individual outings.
- Annual Christmas and Halloween parties and outings.
- Bible study weekly (non-denominational) and Rosary prayed weekly.